PR Director, Media Relations
Are you an entrepreneurial, strategic and experienced PR professional who has a history of building brands? AMA is looking for a volunteer with at least 5 years of public relations and media relations experience to join AMA Toronto’s volunteer team.
As PR Director, Social Media & Content, you report to the VP of Public Relations and will take a leadership role in our AMA community. You will help set strategic direction and roll up your sleeves to implement a proactive plan to help AMA Toronto promote its programs and gain profile within our marketing and business community.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Collaborating with the PR team on the development and implementation of a strategic PR plan for AMA Toronto’s programs, including learning and networking events, mentorship programs, DEI initiatives, and Canada’s Marketing Hall of Legends.
- Collaborating strategically with our program leads and their teams to identify news and communications priorities, and build compelling content to complement and elevate promotional efforts.
- Take a lead role on the PR Team in identifying chapter news, planning, and executing media relations activities, and the development of media materials.
- Producing, managing and updating media lists for targeted outreach to ensure timely, accurate distribution.
- Helping integrate communications and messaging from across the chapter by playing a role in the development and execution of Monthly Integrated Communications Meetings.
- Coordinating with the PR Director of Social Media & Content and teammates, to ensure published stories are amplified in a timely and strategic way.
- Identifying PR opportunities throughout the association, developing a variety of PR and media materials, narratives, and pitches.
- Evaluating PR programs and providing recommendations.
If you are interested, we’d love to speak with you. Please contact email@example.com and/or fill the form below.
Apply for this position
If you are interested we’d love to speak with you.